You’re not really open for business until you have something to sell on your site. While there are many different ways to monetize your platform, I’m going to share with you ten simple ways you can amplify any single message.
In my latest book The 15 Success Traits of Pro Bloggers, I break this process down further into a twelve month plan that I call the “expert product wheel.”
10 Ways to Amplify One Message
1. Kindle book. It’s never been easier for you to write and publish a book. Amazon makes this process extremely easy. You don’t have to wait for permission. You don’t have to submit a book proposal and wait for acceptance. You simply write your passion and publish it for the world to see and buy. We teach a 30-day process for publishing your kindle book called Kindle Your Passion.
2. Physical book. While there are certain advantages to going with a traditional publisher, you can self publish a great looking physical book. With a service like CreateSpace, you can convert your Amazon Kindle book into a physical book. Amazon will even sell your physical book for you without you having to carry the inventory yourself.
3. Online course. Compiling your knowledge into an online course is a smart strategy most bloggers are not taking advantage of today. After creating over ten online courses to date, it’s my number one strategy for passive, recurring income. We have a complete online course that shows you how to create and sell your first online course. It’s called Teach Your Passion.
4. Membership Site. When done correctly, membership sites can be a great source of recurring income. It can bring financial stability to your online business as customers pay you monthly. You’ll need to think through a content creation strategy as most members of a membership site expect new content monthly. But once you have a realistic plan, you’ll be glad you created a membership site.
5. Coaching/Mentoring. If you are new to blogging or building a platform, opening up mentoring spots is incredibly easy. Your audience would love to be able to learn from you directly. You will need to keep in mind that you are trading time for dollars. To be effective with this income stream, you will need to charge what your worth. To see an example of how to set one up, check out my blog mentoring page for ideas.
6. Audio book. It is also very easy today to take a book you’ve written and convert it into an audio book. With a service like Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX) you can either hire a voice talent to read your audio book or you can do it yourself. Once completed, your audio book can be for sale right next to your book on Amazon.
7. Physical products. With a service like Kunaki, you can easily convert any digital product into a physical product, like a CD or DVD. They will even drop ship your product directly to your customer so you do not need to worry about carrying physical inventory yourself. It’s as simple as uploading your artwork cover along with your audio or video file. You can then tie it into your website and allow your audience to purchase physical products from you.
8. Paid webinar series. While free webinars are an important strategy for me, when done right paid webinars can be a great source of income as well. This allows you to receive up-front payment before you create the content. You’ll then jump into an online teaching environment with your students and teach them. It’s similar to hosting a live workshop without the required travel.
9. Keynote speaker. Another great source of revenue is speaking before live audiences. As a blogger, you have plenty of helpful blog posts, podcasts, and webinars that can be easily converted into keynote talks. All you need to do to get started is to create a speaking page on your blog and have a way for event planners to reach out to you. If you’ll go through the process of creating a framework that I’ll share with you later, you’ll have plenty of great talks that will lead to many ancillary sales.
10. Workshop leader. Why should I waste my effort in planning in-person events if I can do most of this stuff online? That used to be my thinking for a long time, but my mind is changing. You will find that there will always be a segment of your audience that are “event goers.” Instead of buying online courses or even paid webinars, they much more value learning from you in-person along with the added bonus of connecting with others and the chance to just get away.
Let me be clear. You don’t have to do all ten of the above strategies to be successful. In fact, I’ve made the majority of my income in the past with just online courses. However, if you want to scale your business to reach more people, you’ll need to repurpose your message into many different formats.
Did you enjoy this post? This is a book excerpt from my new book The 15 Success Traits of Pro Bloggers: A Proven Roadmap to Becoming a Full-Time Blogger. To get an early released copy of the book and some extra training, you can join the private book launch group by clicking here.