What is the best way to network with other successful people?
They seem so busy. Who are we to get them to take notice of us? How do we build a relationship with them without feeling like we have to “sell” ourselves?
Have you wrestled with any of those thoughts? I know I have. Whether you have a podcast or just a blog, stay tuned because you are going to learn some valuable insights today.
Jared Easley is one of the founding members of the Podcast Movement, a new national conference for podcasters. He is also the creator of the Starve the Doubts Podcast, which interviews successful people on how they overcame their own fears and doubts.
Jared has had the privilege to interview some of the most successful people of our generation, including Seth Godin, Michael Hyatt, Chris Brogan, Gary Vaynerchuk and many others.
I recently sat down with Jared and asked him to share some of his strategies for networking with successful people. I walked away with several new ideas and I hope you do too.
How to Interview Successful People on Your Podcast or Blog
To subscribe to the podcast
Here are a few of the questions I asked Jared on the interview:
1. Can you tell the audience where your idea for Starve the Doubts podcast came from?
2. Any tips you can share on how to find or get guests on your podcast?
3. Any advice for those aspiring podcasters who want to interview successful people but don’t reach out because they are afraid of being told “no”?
4. Who have been a few of your favorite people to interview up to this point?
5. After interviewing many successful people on your podcast are there any big lessons you’ve learned?
6. How can the listeners best connect with you personally?
When it comes to networking with successful people, what are some tips that have worked for you? Please share in the comments below.