Is it really possible to have a sustainable business model with a podcast? Do advertisers and sponsors see the value in podcasting?
I recently had the opportunity to connect with John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire. Even if you are only an occasional listener of podcasts, you have probably heard of him. John’s Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast was awarded “Best on iTunes in 2013.”
His daily podcast show has one main purpose: to inspire millions. It’s hard not to spend 5 minutes with the guy and not walk away feeling inspired and motivated.
Whenever I engage in a conversation with someone about podcasting, they typically will ask, “How do you even earn money with a podcast?”
There is no better person to ask this question than John Lee Dumas. Not only has he built a million dollar business on podcasting, but he also openly shares how he is doing it through his monthly income reports.
How to Monetize Any Podcast with John Lee Dumas
To subscribe to the podcast
Here’s a few of the questions I asked John on this interview:
1. Can you talk a bit about the importance of trusting in your own ideas and “scratching your own itch?”
2. After interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs, what are a few of the top common traits you see with successful entrepreneurs?
3. What inspires you the most after talking with so many entrepreneurs?
4. I’ve heard it been said that 90% of podcasts never make it past the 7th episode. What do you think are some of the reasons for that?
5. Many podcasters I speak with have a hard time figuring out how to monetize their podcast. Where is a good place to start?
6. What are some other creative income streams for podcasters?
7. If someone is listening and they either want to start a podcast or take their podcast to the next level, what’s a good way to start the journey with you?
What questions do you still have about producing a podcast? Ask your question below!