Do you struggle with creating content for your blog? Writing blog posts does not always come easy for everyone. You know you need to add regular content in order to produce a successful blog. Yet, waiting for “inspiration” is not always the best strategy. Some of my most liked blog posts did not come from inspiration. They came from developing that daily habit of writing. The more you discipline yourself to write, the better you get at understanding your unique style, voice, and perspective.
While personally not a big fan of Stephen King, it is amazing at what he has been able to accomplish as a writer. One of his “secrets” has been the daily discipline of writing that he imposed upon himself. He writes a minimum of 1,000 words a day six days a week. When he is in the middle of a book, he writes 2,000 words a day at minimum. While this might be too high of a word count for your situation, I would recommend that you set some type of goals to get you moving. Creating consistent content is at the heart of a successful blogger.
2 Simple Ways to Create Amazing Blog Posts
The Persuasive Style
This type of blog post will answer the “Why” questions your readers ask. I love writing these types of posts. Examples in the blogging niche might be:
- Why should I have a self-hosted WordPress blog?
- Why should I do keyword research?
- Why should I have a Facebook fan page?
- Because your content can spread quickly online
- Because it can provide “social proof” that you have followers on your blog
- Because you can keep your fans coming back to your blog with each new post.
- By writing quality content on a regular basis
- By writing guest posts on other relevant blogs
- By improving your on-page SEO factors
- By improving your off-page SEO factors