If you haven’t figured it out just yet, keywords are pretty important. If you want to build consistent traffic to your site, one of the very best ways is to write about topics that people are searching. But what is the best keyword tool for bloggers?
Today, you can use a keyword tool that can help you to find and manage your keyword list. For some people, keyword research is exciting as they love to dig into the details.
For others, keyword research is the last thing they want to do. Still, if you want to grow a successful blog you are going to need to understand the importance of keyword research.
Which Software is the Best Keyword Tool?
I have had the opportunity to explore many different keyword tools so I thought it would be helpful to review some of the more popular ones.
1. Google Adwords Keyword Tool – this tool is free and one of the more popular ones for sure. In the beginning, I used this tool exclusively. You can put a keyword phrase in the search box and it will return hundreds of related keyword phrases.
You can also see an overview of adwords competition, CPC (cost-per-click) averages, and monthly search volumes. The downside is that in order to keep your search you have to download the keywords in a Excel CSV file.
This is all well and good, but after you search for more keywords in your niche you begin to have lots of Excel files and lots of duplicate keywords. It really can be a nightmare to try to manage a high volume of keywords. This is why a good keywords tool is so important.
2. Market Samurai – the truth is that Market Samurai is much more than just a keyword search tool. I once saw a post in the warrior forum in which someone asked the internet marketing community what their favorite tools were.
Hands down, Market Samurai was the clear winner. There are several modules that can be used inside Market Samurai. You can do competition research in which you can see how competitive a particular keyword phrase is.
You can also add the user settings of your blog into the system and write content that you can publish directly to your blog from the software. There is also a monetization module in which you can search for affiliate offers and then build your own ad blocks that you can place on your blog.
Market Samurai is currently offering a free 30 day trial of the software. I would encourage you to give it a try. Even if you decide not to buy the software after the trial, the keyword research module is always free.
3. SEM Rush – This keyword software is online so you have nothing to download. There is a free version that you can sign up for but it is limited. What I really like is that when you first get into the tool you place your domain name in the search bar and the system does the rest.
It pulls all of the keywords off your site and displays the search volume and your current ranking in Google. Another cool feature is that it will show you who your competitors are showing you the sites that closely match the keywords you have on your site. There are many more awesome features you can unlock with this system so feel free to try it out.
4. Longtail Pro – This is one of the best keyword tools in my opinion. I’ve used it for the last few years and found it to be reliable. The standard tool allows you to create projects and pull keyword ideas from Google. If you have the premium version you can search your own keyword ideas to see what the search volume might be.
The most helpful feature of LongTail Pro is the KC score or keyword competitiveness. It will rank your keyword in green, yellow or red. Green keywords are easier to rank for.
5. UberSuggest Tool – This is a fairly new keyword tool created by Neil Patel. This is a free tool that has many great features. You can easily find related keywords to get even more keyword ideas.
Which Keyword Tool Do You Use and Like?