In May of 2012, I published my first Kindle book. Every single month since then, I receive monthly royalty checks from Amazon. Whenever I’m asked: “Jonathan, what’s the fastest way to earn money online?” My response is to write and publish a Kindle book.
- Amazon already has millions of people searching for books to read
- Amazon wants to share up to 70% of the revenue with you
Earlier this year Forbes Magazine announced that Amazon is earning $512 million dollars a year from ebooks alone. The article would go on to say that 40% of the revenue goes to self-published authors.
Think about that for a moment. $212 million dollars is being paid to self published authors annually.
You Don’t Have to Wait for Permission
What’s standing in your way from publishing a Kindle book? The good news is you don’t have to wait for permission.
- There’s no fees to pay to publish on Amazon
- There’s no book proposal you need to get accepted
- There’s no interview you have to pass in order to publish
You Just Need a Plan
Honestly, all you need is a plan for writing your book. A few questions you might need to answer would be:
- What’s the concept of my book?
- What’s a catchy title for my book?
- How do I get a nice cover image for my book?
- What software should I use to write my book?
- How will I format my book for the Kindle?